POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Icy coast (95k) : Re: Icy coast (95k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Icy coast (95k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jul 2000 17:39:36
Message: <397CB7A2.9E5A045C@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Chris Huff wrote:

> Basically what I am talking about is floating lumps of snow and
> slush...bits of stuff which sheared off when the floes separated and
> bumped into each other. Right now it seems strange that the floes
> separated cleanly, without smaller pieces breaking off.

I already understood that :-) just did not yet have time to work it out.

[...]
> But that doesn't answer my real question...what "manual changes"
> wouldn't be possible with isosurfaces? Why would CSG be needed with
> isosurfaces, but not with height fields?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, I meant painting away certain structures in the
heightfield file, that i do not like.  Of course you do not neccessarily need
CSG to do that with isosurfaces, you could change the isosurface function, but
it would never be that simple IMO.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>